Sunday, October 17, 2021

Paper purses using Concord & 9th dies.

 I know it been awhile since I’ve posted, and I have crafted, but just haven’t made enough time to post anything I’ve been working on. 

This weekend I went on a little retreat at Swan Lake in Viborg, SD. Our group was small this time, but it was quite peaceful and relaxing. (The food is also truly amazing!!!)

Here is a Panoramic photo I took of the lake.


Here are the purses I completed as one of my weekend crafts. 

The smaller purses are made using the  Everyday Purse Builder Dies. (https://concordand9th.com/collections/dies/products/everyday-purse-builder-dies)

The larger purses are made using the Weekender Handbag Dies. (https://concordand9th.com/products/weekender-handbag-dies?_pos=1&_sid=77534f4ab&_ss=r)



On this first one, I cut the clasp using the intended die, but did not care for how the closure looked so this was the only one I used it on. 


For the rest of the purses I used self stick Velcro that I picked up at the local hardware store in town. The look is much cleaner and was easier to use. 


The first three small purses used patterned papers from a Hobby Lobby 6 x 6 pad called Painted Posies. 
The coordinating card stock also came from Hobby Lobby in a 8.5 x 11 pack. 


This paper came from a Hobby Lobby 4 x 6 paper pad and the coordinating card stock is from My stash. 


I fussy-cut a bird from a scrap piece.
 I just love the details and stitching in the dies.


This lemon paper was from another 4 x 6 pad and the card stock from my stash. Isn’t the tassel just adorable? I used some 1/8” ribbon to add it to the bag. I also fussy-cut a lemon and shimmered it up for the tag.


The paper used for these first two larger purses also came from the Painted Posies paper pad. I used glitter paper from Scrapbook.com for all the tiny buckles and tags including the lock and key as well as the jump ring and the tiny circles on the closures on the small bags. 


I really like how this pattern looked. 




This one was made as a gift for my hairdresser using the Salon 6 x 6 pad from Echo Park Paper. Can you see the teeny tiny Bobby-pins on the inside?


Loving this Prima Paper!!! 
This pad is the 6 x 6 in the denim line. 


I shimmered up the tassel and found a better way to attach it with the ribbons on this one. 
(It’s all in the details!)


Thought I’d show the side. 


Here is the back. 

Both bags are big enough to hold a gift card and a lip balm and maybe even some candy, too!
The bigger one can probably even hold more. 

I did cut MANY more purse bases, so I will post more once I complete them.

I’ve been kind of busy with work and helping take care of my sweet granddaughter, Kyra, who is almost 6 months old now!

I have the pleasure and watching and loving on her 3-4 nights a week while her mommy works a few hours each night to help out their little family. She is such a joy and her personality is really coming out. I’ll ask her mommy if I can post a photo of her on my next post.

I hope to post more often.

I’ve been doing some diamond painting when I can. (I really didn’t need to start another craft, but darn you, Amazon Prime Day!)

Thank you for taking the time to read and look. I hope you enjoyed. 

Teri :)

No comments:

Post a Comment